Ideal for breakfast or brunch and full of Spanish flavour, these baked eggs are super easy to make and will leave you content for the day ahead.
I’m looking forward to the weekend. I’ve spent all week attending a conference and having speedy breakfasts and working lunches, so I’m planning on sleeping in and cooking all the delicious nourishing foods on the weekend, starting with this brunch on Saturday!
Baked eggs are my favourite. They are so easy to make… and when they come with chorizo and all the veggies they are also super tasty and nutrient rich. So perfect for a lazy weekend brunch 🙂
Spanish style baked eggs with chorizo recipe
Cooking time: 20 min | Preparation time: 5 min | Servings: 2
Dietary information: Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, paleo
- 1 – cooking chorizo, sliced or cubed
- 2 – eggs
- 1 – sweet potato, diced
- 2 cloves – garlic, chopped
- 1 cup – tomato passata (purée or clean tomato sauce)
- 1 – red bell pepper
- 1 cup – kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup – Brussel sprouts, shaved
- Salt and pepper (optional, the chorizo will already give a lot of flavour)
- Chop all the veggies and chorizo
- Heat up a frying up (cast iron would be idea but regular is fine) and place the chorizo on it. It will soon start “sweating” and cooking in its own fat. Let it cook for 5 minutes, flipping and stirring occasionally.
- Remove the chorizo from carefully and put aside leaving the fat on the pan. Add in garlic and bell pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then add in the potato cubes and coat them well with the mix. Sauté for at least 5 minutes. Then add in the kale and sprouts and leave to cook for 5 minutes with the lid on.
Once the sprouts look cooked add the chorizo back in and pour the passata. Sprinkle salt and pepper if you are using it and mix well.
- Pour everything onto a casserole dish, break two eggs on top and place on a pre-heated oven at 180 c.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes. I like the yolks runny so I removed it from the oven as soon as the whites turned whites (after approx. 5 min) but you can leave it for longer depending on how you like your eggs.